This is according to a new report by game (German Games Industry Association), which takes into account data from App Annie and GfK , as well as earlier surveys.
- more than a third of the respondents admitted that they began to play more often in the last six months;
- the market’s total revenue reached € 3.7 billion, up from €2.9 billion generated in the same period in 2019. At the same time, over the entire last year, the German gaming market has brought in €6.2 billion;
- most of the revenue came from in-game purchases, which account for €1.5 billion, up 35% year-on-year;
- German consumers also began to buy more consoles, PCs, accessories and other hardware. This segment generated € 1.3 billion in revenue – an increase of 21% year-on-year;
- German gamers also spent money to buy individual games (€486 million) and pay for online services (€320…