- Former UFC champion Max Holloway learned some of his fighting moves from playing the UFC video game.
- Holloway told reporters at a media day attended by Insider that he would look at how fighters like Jose Aldo and Renan Barao would throw combinations on UFC games.
- He’d then repeat them during mittwork sessions with a friend.
- Holloway competes in a lightweight match against Calvin Kattar in the main event of the UFC’s first show of its third Fight Island residency.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
FIGHT ISLAND — American UFC star Max Holloway says he learned some of his fighting moves by playing video games.
Holloway first mentioned the unconventional practise on the Joe Rogan Experience in 2019, telling the host that if a particular combination worked in the UFC game, he’d try to recreate it during mittwork sessions with a friend.
Rogan laughed at…